Mary’s Pavilion is truly a special place where you come to know The Blessed Mother in an intimate way.
At Mary’s Pavilion, you can see the beautiful statue of the Blessed Mother, as she is described by the visionaries, when she appears to them in Medjugorje. This is the “sister statue” of the original, which can be found in the Church of St. Elias (Elijah) in Tijalina, Medjugorje. The fountain at Mary’s feet is St Helena's Baptismal fountain.
You’ll also find the Stations of the Cross at Mary’s Pavilion. The Stations help the Faithful to make a spiritual pilgrimage through contemplation of the Passion of Christ and serve as a reminder that our troubles are minimal compared to what He went through for us.
- Pilate condemns Jesus to die
- Jesus accepts His cross
- Jesus falls the first time
- Jesus meets His sorrowful mother
- Simon helps Jesus carry the cross
- Veronica offers her vail to Jesus
- Jesus falls the second time
- Jesus speaks to the women
- Jesus falls the third time
- Jesus is stripped of His garments
- Jesus is nailed to the cross
- Jesus dies upon the cross
- Jesus is taken down from the cross
- Jesus is placed in the sepulcher